The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A different version

.

Ever since my father died, I've never had chance to eat such an appetizing dish. I was practiced to eat what my mother serves to us which on the other hand, has simple flavorings. My mother doesn't know how to cook because she grew up in a wealthy family. However, she's still trying her best just to make us food. And we really appreciate it.

I'm also the one in charge in preparing our food during dinner and weekends. They say, when you're cooking, you should do it from the bottom of your heart. Simply put love on what you're doing to make it delicious. So that the one who'll eat it will be delighted and have satisfaction.

I often applied that technique and it works really well. Yet there were also times that I can't cook properly and I mean it I'm not that good like my father.

At first, I thought I could never had a chance to taste again the foods that my father usually made for us. The incomparable flavors, the great blending of spices that makes it really special. A food that has full of love and is made just for you. It can give you more strength to accomplish something that you haven't fulfilled for that day. That's the taste of my father's unique love for us.

The day, when I've got this chance was when I came to my boyfriend's house to make our case study. His mother can cook scrumptious food like my late father. And because I am in charge in cooking, I decided to learn more with the help of my boyfriend's mother.

One of the dishes that I've learned to cook is Adobo. You know what Adobo is? Adobo is mainly the most popular and well-known traditional dish of the Filipinos. There are different version of Adobo, usually, meat is the main ingredient. However the one that I've tried to cook is Adobong Talong (Talong is a tagalog term for an eggplant). Indeed it taste really good. Do you want to try it?

Okay, you'll just need:

*4 pcs. of talong or eggplant
* slice onions
* slice garlic
* 4 tblsp. soy sauce
* 1/4 cup of vinegar
* cooked tofu

How to do it?

1. In a pan, put a small amount of oil (you just need to put a little portion of oil in the pan to avoid sticking) When the pan is hot, put the whole eggplant then cover it, cook it for 10 minutes or until it become cushy.
2. When the eggplant is cooked, put all the ingredients except the tofu. Mix it well and marinate it for 15 minutes. So that it become more tasty. Then after that simmer it for 10 minutes in a medium heat. Mix the cooked tofu and your done.

Hope you like it. =)

0 comments

 

My bossa nova collections


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

web counter
web counter
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape